Thursday 30 October 2014

Going Heatless.

Hi everyone!

I have noticed that recently my hair is getting very damaged, it's dry and I have really bad split ends. My mum is a hairdresser, so she points it out every time she spots how bad the condition of my hair is or how bad my roots are, which is a great confidence boost. Thanks mum! 

I think that we are most likely all guilty of using way too much heat on our hair, whether it's using straighteners to tackle frizz or curlers to create lovely locks - I know I definitely am. As we all know, too much heat makes our hair dry and brittle, it can lose it's shine and begin to look unhealthy and dull, this causes split ends and discourages hair growth. During the summer my hair got alot of damage while I was on holiday with the sun exposure, sea water and chlorine. Also, my hair is coloured almost every month, so with all of this considered it's really not in it's best condition. 


This autumn I will definitely be trying to make an effort to use less heat to give my hair a well deserved break, although using no heat alone won't mend my hair but it's certainly not going to make it worse. I love my hair long and I hate it when my mum cuts it, she always takes too much off - I think that's just a typical hairdresser thing though if I'm honest. But unfortunately I think the time has come for me to have the damaged ends cut off, which is going to be a sad moment as I honestly think I will have to have at least 2 inches cut off - any girl with long hair will understand this devastation! I am going to have to invest in some Argan oil to treat my hair, this stuff is truly amazing. If you haven't tried it, you definitely need to, the shampoo and conditioner are so good. 

No heat definitely doesn't mean that I will be shoving my hair into a messy bun all season though, I will definitely be finding ways to jazz up my hair without using heat like these heatless waves.


Heatless waves with a beehive.
You can really see why I need a good trim here, look at those ends!






Have you got damaged hair? What are your little tricks and tips? 












No comments:

Post a Comment