Wednesday 5 November 2014

October Favourites.

I think that it is safe to say that we are well and truly into Autumn, the trees are covering the ground with their golden litter of leaves and the nights are getting darker earlier. These are some products that I have loved using throughout October along with a little bit about why they are my favourites! 



Argan Oil Heat Defence Spray

If you read my last blog post you will know that my hair hasn't been in the best condition because I have been using way too much heat recently, so I had to go and get something to protect my hair aswell as treat it. I went on a hunt for something that was going to do just that and I found this Argan Oil Heat Defence Spray in Bodycare, it was only 99p - an absolute bargain! I just spray this onto my damp hair after I have washed it, then I blow dry my hair as normal. I have to say I am very impressed with this product, considering it was less than £1 the results are amazing. It leaves my hair feeling very nourished, soft and my hair is so shiny after I have used it. 


The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Body Butter

As the colder days are setting in I have been loving this from The Body Shop, it's so warming and it smells amazing. After I have applied it my skin feels so moisturised, I just love how it leaves my skin feeling. It's no surprise to me that I like this product so much because I have always loved The Body Shop's products especially their body butters. Someone bought this as a gift for my birthday with the Wild Argan Oil Bubbling Bath which I haven't used yet, but I definitely will be very soon now that the nights are so cold! Also, I can't wait to try the rest of their Wild Argan Oil range. The body butter is £13 for a 200ml tub which lasts for ages, it is definitly worth every penny! 


Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Fair

I have heard so many people rave about this product for ages I have just never got around to buying it, until recently. I can't believe that this product is only £4 because it is flipping amazing. I use it to cover up any blemishes I might have like break outs or redness, also as a highlighter underneath my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, my forehead and my chin. It's a thick, creamy consistency which means it doesn't just move around my face when I apply it and it lasts all day! 





















Urban Decay Lip Junkie - Naked

This came with my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette which I have had for almost a year, however I have only just started using it, therefore I only have a miniature version, the full sized product is £13.  It's a very neutral shade which I find is very suiting for this time of year and compliments the shadows in the palette very well, this gloss has a pretty shimmer in it which I love. A couple of things I would say about this gloss though are that it is quite sticky and after a while of wearing it I can feel the little bits of glitter on my lips which is quite unpleasant. That said I have been really loving this as it is a plumping lip gloss, once I have put it on I can feel it working straight away, my lips feel colder and they tingle. Many plumping lip glosses either don't work or make me look like Pete Burns, but this one is very subtle. 

 





Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette

I think I am in love with this product! I have been using this almost everyday recently and will definitely be continuing to. The palette is full of different shades of neutral tones - brilliant for Autumn - there is a mixture of matte and shimmer shadows. It's also a great palette to carry from the day through to the night as the colours are very pigmented and you can easily build up the colour. The double ended brush that the palette comes with is of such a good standard, it's all I use to apply the eye shadows. It could be quite a pricey product for some people at £37, but I assure you, it is definitely worth the money. 















As you can see Bootycall is used quite alot, I use this as a highlighter on my brow bone and in the inner corner on my eye and tear duct. I can't choose a favourite shade out of this palette as I love them all and use them equally. 














What are your favourites this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment