Thursday 20 November 2014

Christmas Gift Guide: HER

It's quite obvious now that Christmas is creeping up on us fast, the shops are stocking Quality Streets, the German Markets have started and John Lewis and Coca Cola have released their Christmas adverts.  

With 5 weeks until Christmas Day, when better to do a few Christmas Gift Guide blog posts? Now is the answer, before we run out of time to buy pressies! As you can tell from the title my first gift guide is for 'her', just a few ideas to help you decide what to buy for the lovely ladies in your life, whether it's your Girlfriend, Wife, Mum, Sister, Nan or Aunty. 



First up, is Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Wild Edition this is a must have for any make-up lover as it can be used as a concealer to cover up dark circles and also to  illuminate your face. I personally love this product and I know so many other women that share the same view. It retails at around £25 and you can find it in most stores with beauty counters but here are some places I definitely know sell it; Debenhams, Boots, Feel Unique and Selfridges.


The Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette is definitely something that I would love to be under the tree on Christmas Day, I love Urban Decay make-up especially their eye-shadow palettes. I have the Naked 2 palette, which I use almost everyday. The Naked 3 has new shades and they are so beautiful, I actually think I am in love! The palette costs £37 and you can find it at Debenhams, Urban Decay, Feel Unique and House of Fraser.

Next up is Real Techniques Core Collection brushes, I have never used these myself but I have heard nothing but good things about them so will definitely be asking Santa to bring me these this year! The set includes 4 full sized brushes; a detailer brush, pointed foundation brush, buffing brush and a contour brush and they all come in a little case that doubles up as a stand. The price of these vary but it's around the £20 mark and you can purchase these from Boots (£21.99), Feel Unique (£20.99) and Superdrug (£20.99).

I was flicking through the Feel Unique magazine on Sunday and the Benefit Fun Size Flirts Gift Set caught my eye, I thought this would make a great gift for any woman whether it's your Mum, Sister or a friend - if there are any men reading this, also an awesome gift for your Girlfriend. Not only are the products amazing but the packaging is just gorgeous and girly. Benefit Cosmetics, Boots, Debenhams, Feel Unique and John Lewis sell the gift set and it retails at £29.50, which might seem quite pricey to some people but just look at what you get, I think it's great value for money:

- The POREfessional PRO Balm Primer mini 7.5ml
- They're Real! Beyond Mascara mini 3g
- BADgal Black Lash Mascara mini 4g
- Instant Comeback Facial Serum mini 5ml
- "That Gal" Brightening Face Primer 7.5ml
- Dandelion Pink Perk-Me-Up Face Powder mini 3g
- Sun Beam Golden Bronze Complexion Highlighter mini 2.5ml
- Posietint Poppy-Pink Tinted Lip & Cheek Stain mini 2.5ml
- Ooh La Lift Instant Under-Eye Brightening Boost mini 2.5g
- Stay Don't Stray Stay-Put Primer for Concealers & Eyeshadows in Light/Medium 2.5ml

While I was having a flick through some magazines on Sunday afternoon, I saw this cute little camera and thought that it would make an awesome present for a teenage girl. The FUJIFILM Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera 20 Shot Bundle prints pictures that are taken instantly, just like a polaroid. It's ideal to be taken anywhere with you as it's small and lightweight, you just point it and click, a memory in the form of a credit card sized photo is printed instantly. I saw the pink one in the magazine I was reading, but once I had done a bit of research I noticed that there are several cute colours; yellow, blue, white and black. The camera will costs you £69.99 and you can buy it from Argos, Amazon, Currys, PC World and Tesco.


Something else I think would make a pretty good gift for a teenage Daughter or Sister is the Moroccan Oil Extra Volume Essential Mini Box which includes Extra Volume Shampoo, Extra Volume Conditioner, Hydrating Mask Light and Moroccan Treatment. This gift retails at £22 from these online stores; Look Fantastic, Mankind and Feel Unique.

The next gift is something that I love and, it's the Sanctuary Best Love and Beautiful gift set, I get something from the Sanctuary collection almost every year. All of the Sanctuary products smell amazing, are so luxurious and I have heard people refer to them as "a spa in a jar", this particular gift set includes; Cleansing Burst Body Wash, Invigorating Body Scrub, Luxurious Body Butter, Velvety Hand Cream and a Buff & Polish Body Puff. You can get your hands on this for £20 from Boots, Amazon and Sanctuary

Now for a fragrance, all women love to receive perfume for Christmas - it's a fact! This is a gorgeous fragrance that I was given last Christmas, it's Jean Paul Gaultier Classique and the name says it all, it's a classic! The best thing about this stunning perfume is that it last for so long, I usually wear it on special occasions, it lasts all night without any re-sprays at all. The price varies so it really does depend on where you go to buy it, here is a few places I know sell it and how much for; John Lewis (£57.00), The Fragrance Shop (£49.50), Debenhams (£57.00), Boots (£49.50) Superdrug (£50.00).

Finally but by no means least is my final gift idea, which I think is perfect for a best friend or girlfriend because it has a personalised touch. It's a Star Necklace from notonthehighstreet.com  that you can personalise with an initial, different charms and gemstones made with Swarovski elements, as well as a choice of gold, silver and rose gold. When I saw this I instantly thought that it would cost an arm and a leg, but it's only £19.50, which I think is a bargain if I'm honest! 




I hope that this gave you some ideas on what to treat the gorgeous girlies in your life to this Christmas, pop back tomorrow for gift ideas for the gentlemen in your life! 

xxx

*these photographs are not mine*

No comments:

Post a Comment