Sunday 30 November 2014

REVIEW: L'Oreal True Match Foundation.

I have been on the hunt for a lightweight foundation for ages so I was over the moon when I found the L'Oreal True Match, my Mum gave me this as it didn't suit her skin tone. I haven't used L'Oreal make-up before, but I am really pleased with this product.

I lost the lid, sorry. 



Packaging
I quite like this packaging, it's got a kind of chic look to it and it's very minimal, so it's clear to see what's written on the bottle and your attention isn't taken away from what's important. It's a glass bottle which feels very robust - which is important, we don't want it breaking on us now do we? The foundation has a pump dispenser, I prefer this because it allows me to have more control over the amount of product I use, preventing unnecessary product waste. Plus, you're not charged extra for the pump which I know some other brands do.

Consistency/Application
If I am honest the consistency of this foundation wasn't what I expected, but that's not a bad thing. It was more fluid than I thought it would be, but that just means it isn't heavy and wears lightly on the skin, this allows for an easy application and an easy build up - exactly what I wanted!


Before - Daylight
Before - With Flash


After - Daylight
After

Durability
Considering this is such a lightweight product I wasn't expecting much from the staying power, but I was wrong. It's surprisingly long-lasting, I don't have to re-apply or touch up at any point through out the day, which is brilliant as I have oily skin.

The retail price for this foundation is £9.99 at Boots or £8.49 from feelunique.com, which I don't think is too bad for this product, I think it's definitely worth the money. Admittedly, it is a tad more than I would normally pay for a foundation however after trying it out I am persuaded to spend the extra couple of quid.

Have you tried the L'Oreal True Match Foundation? What did you think?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment