Wednesday 1 April 2015

March Favourites.

Hi everyone!

I wanted to start this post with a lovely statement about how the weather has got warmer and the sun has been shining, cheering us all up! But as I write this, it's been raining all morning and is dark and gloomy, so it's just another example of typical British weather but believe it or not, Spring is here! I just love Spring, don't you? There are so many pretty colours, everything looks far more beautiful and it means we are getting closer to Summer which is my favourite time of the year.

Now for what I have been loving this month, I found it quite difficult to come up with a few things that I have been enjoying throughout March, I have tried new and different products but I just haven't been loving them enough for them to feature in my favourites. So I have had to really think about what I have been using a lot this month or any new products that I have tried, here's what I came up with - enjoy!



NYX Butter Gloss - Cherry Pie

At the start of March I received this NYX Butter Gloss in the shade Cherry Pie and I have to say this was a definite favourite, I just love it! It's so pigmented, glossy, long lasting and I think perfect for Spring. I have been wearing this with an everyday, quite natural make up look just to inject a bit of colour but also it goes so well with a smokey, more dramatic eye - so versatile. I have written a full review of this which went up on Sunday, to give it a read click here.




Braids

I am super lazy when it comes to washing my hair, which might sound quite gross but worry not, I don't go out with greasy hair because my best friend is dry shampoo. It's not good to wash your hair too often anyways because it strips the hair of it's natural oils that are needed for strength, shine and overall nourishment. Plus my hair is coloured and red is one of those colours that fades quickly, therefore I try not to wash it that much so that my colour lasts longer. Depending on what I am doing I usually wash my hair, on average, about twice a week.
Instead of just shoving my hair into a pony tail or a messy bun on the days in between washes, I have been loving braiding the front of my hair. It makes what could be such a boring hairstyle, a little more cute and pretty - perfect for school, work or pretty much anything else!




Soundcloud

I'm not quite sure where I have been, or which rock I have been living under but I only discovered Soundcloud this month, and boy am I glad I did! On the weekends I work as a barmaid at a local bar which means some nights I don't actually start work until 10pm or 11pm. Getting ready to go to work this late sometimes can be a struggle, especially after I've had dinner and my boyfriend is getting cosy on the sofa infront of the telly. But listening to some banging tunes (did I really just say that? Oh dear!) on Soundcloud gets me up, moving and maybe dancing around my bedroom while I get ready - FYI it's definitely not a maybe, I so do this! If you want to follow me, click here.


O.P.I Nail Lacquer - Pirouette My Whistle

I have had this O.P.I Nail Lacquer for ages now, I can't even remember when I bought it, but I rediscovered it this month and have worn it almost every day of March! I am and have always been a lover of anything that sparkles - I'm a bit of a Magpie really - but there's no denying that everything looks better with a touch of glitter and sparkle. I can see that as we head into Spring, I will be wearing this polish quite a lot with other pretty colours! I will no doubt post a picture of my freshly painted nails on Instagram - as we all do - so go and follow me @cdsmartx 


What have you been loving throughout March?


xxx




2 comments:

  1. That nail polish is gorgeous! Dry shampoo is my best friend too haha

    Kirsty | www.kirsty.ws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so pretty! Keep an eye out on my Instagram for more nail pictures using this polish! I don't know what I would do without dry shampoo! xx

      Delete