Wednesday 7 January 2015

HAUL: January Sales.

Hi everyone!

Now that all of the craziness of Christmas has gone, my Mum, my Sister and I decided we would go shopping and have a nosey in the January sales to spend some of our Christmas money. 

As usual I didn't find a lot, why is it when you have money to spend you don't find much you like but when you haven't got money to treat yourself you could quite easily walk into a shop and buy everything? - So frustrating!



Anywho, the first shop was Primark, I got a gift card for Christmas so it had to be done. As I was walking around I must have put about 10 items into my basket, one of which was a beautiful pair of black heels with black diamantes going down the heel, I carried them around for the whole time I was in the shop having a mental argument with myself about whether to buy them or not, unfortunately I put them back because I seriously don't need another pair of black heels. After trying on everything else I had put in my basket, I only came away with a few things from Primark. 

The first thing I found was this grey Central Perk T-shirt, if you didn't know Central Perk is the coffee shop in the American TV show Friends. I am a HUGE Friends fan - I think I have seen every episode about 20 times, I love it! I was surprised at the quality of this t-shirt considering it was only £6, it's so soft to touch and the material is quite thick and feels more expensive, none of this flimsy rubbish that will go out of shape after just one wash. 



I came across these navy blue trousers whilst I was looking for some jeans for my sister and they were a lucky find because they were hidden under loads of other items and were the last pair in my size. I thought they were jeans when I first saw them but they are more like very soft and thick skinny fit trousers. I didn't expect them to fit me very well if I am honest, only because historically I haven't been all that lucky with jeans or trousers from Primark, but I was pleasantly surprised with these they fit me like a glove and are unbelievably comfortable. I can't believe these were only £10, just like the Central Perk t-shirt, the quality is so good and I think they feel and look more expensive, especially with the leather-look detailing on the pockets.



Once I finally got to the till, while I was waiting I spotted this Limited Edition Vaseline Paint the Town Red Lip Tint and I just had to buy it especially as it was only £1 - they are about £3 or more in Boots! If you have read my November Favourites you may know that I love these little Vaseline pots, they are so handy to have in your handbag.


Next we ventured into River Island to browse through their sale rails and I found this midi-dress with quite an unusual print. I wasn't sure about it at first because it is quite loud and vibrant and it's not something that I would normally wear but I talked myself into trying it on - and I am so glad that I did. This dress is a perfect example of something that looks better on than it does off. Not only was this already a bargain, reduced from £40 to £15 but I only ended up paying £10 for it AND I had to get the smaller size, even after all of my Christmas indulgences - happy Charlotte! 





One of mine and my Sister's favourites shops is New Look so obviously we popped in, however I must  admit I was slightly disappointed. There just didn't seem to be anything that caught my eye and usually I can find quite a few bits and bobs. The only thing I picked up was this cream long sleeve top for £7.99 (I think), which I thought would be perfect for Winter through to Spring with leggings and boots, as it it's more like a tunic and comes just below my bottom. I really like the gathered detailing on the sleeves, it just adds something to what would be a plain top. 



I have been looking for a blusher for ages but I haven't been able to find one that's the right shade and price. So while I was out shopping I popped into Superdrug but all of the pretty shades of blushers had sold out, and I meant every one. So I picked up the Collection Shimmer Shades in Blusherlicious for £2.50 and MUA in Candyfloss for £1 - that's right 1 POUND! Seeing as they're very cheap I just thought they're perfect for me to try out, if they are no good then at least I haven't wasted a lot of money. 



Also, I picked up a bottle of the Vo5 Plump It Up Dry Shampoo as I have recently run out, i've not used this one before, I thought I would give it a go - plus it was half price!


All the stress of shopping made me want to get home and chill out with a face mask and some trashy mags, so to finish our little shopping trip we went into Bodycare and I picked out this Beauty Formula Rejuvenating Glorious Mud Facial Mask. I have had a chest infection over the last week, which has resulted in me not getting much sleep, so I am hoping that this face mask will help get rid of the tiredness look I have got.


Also, I am having a little bit of an annoying break out at the moment, so while I was in Bodycare I picked up some of the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub to keep those pesky pimples at bay. It smells blooming amazing!


I'm not done with spending my Christmas money yet, so expect more hauls in the near future.

Have you been spending in the January sales?


xxx  
















4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Central Perk shirt!! I need to get it!! I am so excited Friends is now on Netflix so i can watch it from beginning to end. Great picks :)


    http://ncolesnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great shirt isn't it! I don't have Netflix, but I have the Friends complete box set so I often watch it from start to finish. I am obsessed with Friends! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey! love your blog, is the MUA blush any good i'm on the look out for a new one?
    was wondering if you could check mine out and maybe f4f, just let me know over on my blog heleenakhela.blogspot.co.uk thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heleena! I have only used it once, today as it happens. I am planning on doing a review on the MUA blusher and the Collection one, so keep your eyes peeled. I will definitely check out your blog! xxx

      Delete