Sunday 15 March 2015

REVIEW: MUA Undress Your Skin Illuminating Foundation

Hi everyone!

At the start of the year I bought an MUA blusher for only £1, it featured in my January Favourites and I have written a review on it, so check them out. I had never tried used MUA products before buying the blusher and I loved it that much that a week or so ago I was in need of a new foundation and thought I would give their Undress Your Skin Illuminating Foundation a go, considering it was only £5 from Superdrug - I can't believe how cheap their make up is, I just had to buy it at this price. Seeing as I really liked the blusher, I was hoping that this could become a new favourite.



I am one of those people that is drawn to the way a product looks on the shelf, and I really like this foundation's packaging, it's just really simple to look at. Although the squeeze-y tube is quite a cheaper look compared a glass bottle with a dispenser on top, I welcome it because there is nothing more annoying than trying to get the last few uses out of a glass bottle. At least with this plastic tube, the end can be snipped off and I can get every last bit out. It is made to look a little more expensive and chic with a nice pearlescent lilac/beige colour to the tube - I like the pearlescent thing!

I found the consistency to be really fluid and comes out of the tube quickly I found that out the hard way the first time I used it, I ended up squeezing at least 3 times the amount I actually needed - oops! It's a light coverage foundation, not heavy on the skin which is good because it means it doesn't give your face that cake-y look. However I do find this foundation hard work to apply, especially with a foundation brush, it just seems to take a lot of effort to blend into the skin and get rid of brush lines. Using my Real Techniques Miracle Sponge did make the application easier and to be fair, using the sponge does give a flawless finish to the skin - definitely my preferred method. Saying that, even though it's a bit of a pain to apply once you've got a thin first layer on, it is quite easy to build up.


No Foundation - Daylight
With Foundation - Daylight

With Foundation - Flash
Right now for how long it lasts, it isn't amazingly long lasting I have to admit, I do have to touch up throughout the day but then again I'm a face toucher. I am prone to an oily t-zone, so I mainly have to re-apply around my nose and forehead. It says on the bottle that it is an illuminating foundation, and I have to say it does brighten up my face and make me look more awake, but the illuminator in the product just seems to enhance my shiny forehead. If you have oily skin or just prefer a matte finish - like me - then I wouldn't recommend this foundation, on the hand though if you love your foundation to leave you a dewy look to your skin then this foundation is perfect for you.

Even though it is a bit time consuming to apply and not a brilliant formula for my skin type, I think I would buy it again purely because of the price and the fact that it isn't a terrible product, I just think it will take some getting used to. So I do quite like it because once it's on it does look really nice on my skin, unfortunately I don't think it's my favourite. That's not to say that you won't like it, so give it a try, it's only a fiver!

Have you tried MUA Undress Your Skin Illuminating Foundation? What did you think?


xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment