Sunday 29 March 2015

REVIEW: NYX Butter Gloss.

Hi everyone!

A few weeks ago I got sent this gorgeous NYX Butter Gloss in the shade Cherry Pie, I was so happy that I received this in the post because not only had I been eyeing up these lip glosses for so long but the colour is just so me, and so pretty! 




I had to try this out as soon as I opened it, I fell in love! I can tell that this is going to be a favourite for Spring, although I am sure that it would be perfect all year round too. I really like the packaging of this gloss, it's so simple and sleek. Plus it's the perfect size to travel with as it fits into my make up bag and my handbag without taking up too much room. 



It's quite a thick consistency, almost gel-like, so there is a slight tackiness to the gloss but it's so tiny that you hardly really notice it and that just means that the gloss has more grip, resulting in it lasting longer and being so shiny!

The longevity of this product is pretty good considering it's a lip gloss, however the gloss does dull after about an hour or so, but the colour lasts for a good 2-3 hours before I need to re-apply - the colour doesn't go patchy on your lips, it's like it partially stains your lips, it just fades. Perfect for a night out, you won't have to worry about having patchy red lips in photos - there's nothing worse!



I'm not sure if it is just me, but I love it when make up smells nice and this lip gloss has a sweet and creamy scent - very vanilla. However, it definitely doesn't taste like it smells, it's got quite a plastic tube taste which don't get me wrong doesn't put me off the product at all, it's just a little bit of a disappointment after smelling the vanilla buttery goodness before hand. 

All that's left to mention is how pigmented this Butter Gloss is, one coat and it's so bright and red - love it

It's safe to say that this NYX Butter Gloss is a must-have for Spring this year and if this shade isn't for you then worry not because they have a wide range of shades from neutrals and pinks to reds and a dark purple. You can't go wrong, get yourself online and get one they are only £5


Have you tried out NYX Butter Gloss? What did you think of it?


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment