Tuesday 10 February 2015

TUTORIAL: Valentines Day Make Up

Hi ladies!

With Valentine's Day in just a few days, I thought a make up tutorial would be useful to some of you and it's one of my favourite kind of posts to do. 

I didn't want to go down the usual  route of a smokey eye with a red lip, I wanted to do something a little different. I created this really girly, glitzy but subtle look and I just love how it turned out. I have to be honest when I started I had no idea what was I doing, I didn't have a particular look in mind I just sort of made it up as I went along. I hope you like it too, if you want to know how I created this look, then keep reading.



I am by no means a make up artist and I haven't had any training, any techniques or tips I use are just what I have taught myself and I am by no means saying this is how it should be done. Now with that disclaimer out of the way, let's get started!

I started off by washing my face with Neutragena Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub, moisturised with Soap & Glory Righteous Butter and I primed with Smashbox Photo Finish Primer.  

TIP: Put some tape from your lower lash line going up towards your brow, it will give you a defined and clean line when you apply your eyeshadow. 


I primed my eyes with the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion called Sin and blended that in with my ring finger. This primer has a shimmer to it, so it's a great base if you want really shimmery eyes.


I filled in my brows with Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil and grabbed my Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette, I used the brush that comes with the palette and with the fluffy brush I applied Strange under my brows as a bit of a highlight.


Continuing with the same brush, I packed Dust all over my lid building it up until I reached the desired amount of colour and shimmer.


Then still with the fluffy brush I applied Buzz on the outer of my lid and blended it through my crease a little.


Now swapping to the smaller brush, I applied Burnout through my crease and blended it out with the fluffy brush to make sure there were no harsh lines. Don't worry about going onto the tape, it's what it is there for.


Again with the smaller brush I took Liar and applied that into crease, focusing on the outer part of course blended that out with the fluffy brush.


Still with the smaller brush, I applied Mugshot to my outer v and blended that through my crease to make sure that I had no harsh lines.


This is where I took the tape off and I was left with a definite line with no smudges.


I went back to the fluffy brush and Strange to apply a bit more under my brow to blend in any harsh lines above my crease.


That's my eyes finished for the time being.



I applied my L'oreal True Match Foundation using my Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush. The reason I did my eye make up before my face make up is so that any fall out from the eyeshadows can be removed and corrected. 


Next I applied my Collection Lasting Finish Concealer under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, chin and my forehead and blended that in using my Real Techniques Miracle Sponge.





To set my concealer and foundation I used Rimmel Complexion Clarifying Powder with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush in gentle circular motions.



Using my Real Techniques Contour Brush I applied my Maybelline Dream Terra Sun in the hollow of my cheeks - just under my cheek bone and up to my temples.



Going back to my Buffing Brush I just blended that out a little, to get rid of any harsh lines.


With my Contour Brush again I took my Collection Shimmer Shades in Blusherliscious across my cheek bones and dragged any excess over the apples of my cheeks. Once again, I blended that out with my Buffing Brush.



I lined my lids by drawing a line that was thinner at the inner corner of my eyes and got thicker towards my outer v, with my Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner.


Going back to my Naked 3 Palette and using the smaller brush I took Mugshot along my lower lash line and smoked it out just a little bit.





To finish my eyes, I applied 2 coats of my Essence I Love Extreme Volume Mascara on my upper and lower lashes.


After 1 coat.


And after 2 coats.



To complete this look, I applied Urban Decay Lip Junkie in the shade Naked to my lips, continuing with the glitzy theme I then dabbed both Dust and Burnout from my Naked 3 Palette to the very middle of my lips. I know it might sound odd putting eyeshadow on your lips, but putting a shimmery eyeshadow on the middle of your lips will create more dimension. Dabbing on a matte eyeshadow will set your lipstick, making it last longer.


This is the final look!




I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, what's your Valentine's look going to be?


Will you be re-creating this look? I would love to see them if you do, use #BeautSmartTutorial on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. 


xxx








No comments:

Post a Comment