Monday 8 December 2014

Feelin' Festive.

17 SLEEPS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!

Christmas is upon us and it feels like it has flown by, I can't believe that it is here already and I am most definitely in the festive spirit - well I am now anyways.

I say now, because this time last week I felt like a complete Scrooge. I had no decorations up in my house, I turned the radio down every time a Christmas song was played and I had no thoughts on Christmas presents let alone bought any. I still haven't bought any presents yet but I have made a list - at least I partially organised. I must admit though, I am not really looking forward to doing my Christmas shopping and tackling the shops!

So what changed? Well, I spent to weekend getting into the swing of all things Christmassy. 


On Saturday, I put my Christmas tree and other decorations up. Then went to my parent's house to help my Mum decorate her dining room and put her tree up. No tree decorating took place, as my Mum is very particular about her tree and likes to let it drop over night.

Selfie with little Sister, who is looking like she is rather excited for Christmas!

On Sunday afternoon, my Mum came to my house and we decorated my Christmas tree whilst the Christmas songs from Saturday night's XFactor played in the background. I was singing along whilst making my living room all cosy and christmassy.









After well and truly getting into the merry spirit I was raring to go,  I went back to my parent's house later on in the afternoon, my Mum, my Sister and I decorated their Christmas tree. Which is a first, anyone that knows my Mum will know that nobody - and I mean nobody - touches the tree. So for her to let me and my Sister decorate it was huge step! 

My Mum's tree always looks so beautiful, I have always said it looks like something from a shop window! 













Now that my house is looking festive, I am feeling festive and although the thought of Christmas shopping gives me nightmares, I am secretly itching to get to those shops and fill the underneath of my tree with beautifully wrapped gifts! 

Are you feelin' festive? 


xxx








No comments:

Post a Comment