Sunday 14 December 2014

REVIEW: DiorSkin Star Foundation

I received this exclusive five-day trial of DiorSkin Star Foundation in the post last week, I thought it would be perfect for me to review. So after using it for a few days, here are my thoughts.






Packaging
I didn't receive a bottle of this foundation, only little sachets, but there was a picture of the bottled product on what I received. I do quite like the look of this packaging, it's simple and clear and the silver band around the bottom of the lid - I think - makes it look quite expensive and attractive. It's a glass bottle which indicates it would be robust and not likely to break in your handbag or make-up bag. I know that this foundation has a pump dispenser, which I like as it allows more control over the amount of product used and prevents waste.

Consistency/Application
Dior have advertised this foundation as being 'weightless' and I was quite surprised that it was so light, for some reason I had got into my head that it would be quite a heavy and thick foundation. But like I say it is quite a thin fluid which makes it so easy to apply and to build up to your desired coverage and it doesn't feel like you're wearing much make up at all. I hate feeling caked in make up, this foundation is perfect for anyone that does too, but wants a medium to heavy coverage.

A random thing that I want to say about this product is that it smells so nice, almost like a very feminine perfume. Love it!


Appearence on Skin
As I previously mentioned it is weightless on the skin as Dior advertised, also it is advertised with "spectacular brightening" and I have to say that it does illuminate my skin and make me look more awake. I got sent the shade 020 Light Beige which is a little too yellow for my skin tone but I just fix that with my concealer and bronzer. You can see for yourself on the pictures below how well it covers up redness and the few spots and blemishes that I have, it gives my skin a really even tone.

Before - Daylight

After - Daylight

Before - With Flash

After - With Flash

Durability
The DiorSkin Star Foundation is said to be "long-wear" and have a "studio lasting glow" after a full day of wearing this I can safely say that it's staying power is amazing my skin was left looking bright all day. There was no point through out the day that I felt the need to apply any more or touch up any areas.

This foundation just proves that if you're willing to spend that bit more, you definitely get what you pay for and such a better product. It retails at around £32 which is a lot more than I would normally ever spend on a foundation and it's not something I would buy for an everyday foundation, it's just too expensive for me. But if I ever wanted to treat myself then I would definitely invest in this product. It's well worth the money!

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment