Tuesday 30 December 2014

TUTORIAL: Curls with a Straightener.

It took me quite a while to master curling my hair with a straightener, but once I cracked it - which I have to admit was after many failed attempts and bad hair days - I just love the look I get this way of curling my hair. 

It doesn't take long to get this look at all, 15-20 minutes at the most, so it's ideal for a quick and glam daytime look. Plus these curls are perfect for a girls night out or a special occasion, the best part is they last all day or night and I wake up with a natural softer curl the next day, so it''s two days worth of hairstyles. Perfect! 

What I use:

  1. Head Jog paddle brush
  2. Head Jog clip
  3. SHE Hair Straightener





The very thing that I do is brush my hair to make sure it is tangle free, this will make your curls smoother and easier to work with. Then you just add some heat defense spray to protect your hair - I had already done that step when I dried my hair - after you have sprayed heat protectant, give your hair another brush through so that the product is evenly distributed. 


I always curl my hair in sections, the first being from just behind my ear, and I split that into two sections and bring them to the front.


I usually take an inch of hair for each curl, or there abouts, the bits of hair I curl are never the same size but I find that makes the curls look a little more natural and I prefer it that way.


All I do is put the chunk of hair into the straightener about an inch down from the root, turn it backwards so that the end pokes out towards the front and you just pull the straightener down, the slower you pull the tighter the curl. Also with this look you want to curl away from your face, so make sure you twist the straightener backwards. 


The next section that I take is from just above my ears and all I do is repeat the previous steps. Take approximately an inch of hair and clamp the straightener about an inch down from the root, twist it away from your face until the end is at the front and pull down. 






Just keep repeating that process until you are left with the final section of hair, which should be the top and front of your hair. 
With the front section I do pretty much the same thing as before, still curling away from my face but I start the curl slightly lower down.
Once I have curled all of my hair it looks something like this, it never looks exactly the same but that's what I love about this hairstyle, there is nothing uniform about it. 




You could stop at this stage if you wanted to, but I prefer my curls to be softer so I like to run my fingers through the curls. This separates them and creates a far more natural looking set of curls, don't use a brush or a comb as that will create frizz and not look good. 


This is the final look! 





I hope you like this hairstyle just as much as I do, if you try it out I would love to see your looks!
Use the hashtag #BeautSmartTutorial on Twitter and Instagram
.

xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment