Tuesday 16 December 2014

TUTORIAL: Twist-Braid Side Pony

I am always trying to find different ways to style my second or third day hair instead of just chucking it up into a pony tail. So after a lot of playing around with my hair, I found this cute way to overcome boring and drab second day hair, at the moment this is my go to hairstyle. Keep reading to see how I do it. 



The first thing I do is gather all of my hair to the side and brush through it get rid of any tangles, so it is all smooth and easier to work with. 



Take a section of hair of about an inch from the front of your fringe or bangs.


Separate that section into two (excuse the length of my roots, my Christmas hair appointment is immanent).


Take the front section over the second to form the start of your twist.


Add some hair to the new front section, like you would in a french plait and take that over the back section.



Continue that process until you are about level with your temple, you can continue down to the top of your ear if you want to.


Lift a big section from behind the Twist-Braid and put it to the other side.


Using hair grips or bobby pins, pin the braid back so that it is secure. I use 2 or 3 hair grips, but it just depends how thick your hair is.


Bring the big section that you pushed the other side back over so it covers where you have put your hair grips.



With a hair tie of your choice - I have chosen this cute little cream bow - tie your hair into a pony tail. Make sure that it isn't too tight, but don't worry if it is, you can pull parts out after to make it more loose and messy looking.



I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! If you try this hairstyle out, I would love to see them, use the hashtag #BeautSmartTutorial 


xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment